Fall beauty look

My fall makeup look


Today was the first true Fall like day here in Georgia. The temperature is 72 degrees but it feels chilly to me. Before you tell me that 72 degrees isn’t cool, please understand that I spent Saturday in the beaming hot sun enjoying a concert in 90 degree plus weather. Sweat was rolling down my face but I do enjoy heat much more than cold. I was hoping that we would gently ease into Fall but if today is any indication, the Fall has arrived with a vengeance and the time has come for me to put away all of my sundresses and shorts!

One thing that I do like about the Fall is changing up my make-up. I do like the richer hues that are suited for cool weather and this Fall is no exception. I was able to attain some very reasonably priced things from Walmart that will carry me straight through the winter. This Fall it is all about the cat eye and smoky hot lips. Dark lips are totally in (But note - I am not a fan of the blue lip thing that is happening. I think it is a complete fashion don’t. Just my humble opinion but I have yet to see it look good in real life. I think it is best left on the runway or in high fashion magazines. Some things are NOT to be emulated).

For my Fall look today I focused on deep purple. I love purple, it is my absolute favorite color. My guest room is purple, my bedroom is lavender, I simply LOVE purple! Since it is Fall I decided to experiment with purple! I start by keeping my eyes fairly neutral with a pop of purple on the outer lid. The wow factor comes in with my purple lip! 


What I like about this look is that I can wear it during the day and by intensifying the color smoothly transition into night. To ensure my eye shadow stays in place, I start with Hard Candy’s Eyes the Limit Eye Shadow primer ($5.00). It minimizes creasing (I actually haven’t had any creasing using this product) and it helps the eye color pop. I followed by using two Hard Candy pallets - naturally gorgeous ($6.00)  and smoke out ($6.00). Naturally gorgeous has colors to help achieve the perfect nude look and smoke out assists with the smoky eye. I used a brown for my entire eyelid. I followed by highlighting the center of my lip with metallic gold. I moved on to smoke out and used the deepest purple for the outer corners of my eyes. I used white for my inner corner, doing this helps brighten my eyes. I used a blending brush and blended completely.


For my liner I used old faithful - Maybelline’s waterproof Ultra Liner ($5.97). I love it because the brush gives you the ability to make as thick or thin a line as you like. I am into the cat eye so I took the liner out past my eyelid to achieve the look. For my mascara I used Hard Candy 1.000 lashes fiberized lash weave mascara ($6.00). I like this a lot! The fibers help my lashes look longer. For my cheeks I used Hard Candy’s  Blush Crush Baked Blush in Bomb Shell ($7.00)


My lips are the focal point of this look. I used Hard Candy’s Shadowholic 12 hour waterproof eye crayon in Purple Rain($5.00). Yes, I know, an eyeshadow on the lips, but believe it or not it works extraordinarily well. I top it off with a little gloss and I am ready to go! If you’d like to see how I applied everything take a look at my video below!




I really like this Fall look and am happy with my Hard Candy Pallets. They have 10 colors in each and enough variety for me to create numerous looks for a minimal investment. Bring on the Fall and Winter, I am make-up ready!



Comments

Unknown said…
I think you look fabulous with or without
Unknown said…
I think you look fabulous with or without
Unknown said…
I think you look fabulous with or without

Popular Posts