Thanksgiving Kids Craft Paper plate turkey



I can’t believe Thanksgiving is right around the corner! We had a Thanksgiving meal at my son’s school and now he is on vacation for a full week. My son is asking me to make my famous sweet potato pie but I am fearful that I’ll eat the entire thing before I leave for New York. To distract him from the pie, we got busy and made a holiday craft that is fun and simple for the kids to make. This time I was able to simply go to my craft drawers which are filled with items from Walmart and let my son make a Thanksgiving turkey from a paper plate.




I originally saw this craft on Pinterest and acrylic paints were used. I pulled out the paints but my son decided he wanted to use markers instead! I was ecstatic because that means less potential mess for me, especially since he used Crayola Washable Markers. I love no mess! The craft itself is simple. I gave him a small paper plate and cut out the beak for him. He colored - the face brown, the beak yellow  and the “feathers” around the outside of the plate various colors. While he colored, I cut out eyes from white construction paper and a turkey waddle from red construction paper.





Once he was done coloring he glued on the eyes, added wiggly eyes for pupils and then he glued on the waddle. He pretty much completed this craft on his own and loved it. I think this is a great craft for kids of all ages, if I had extra paper plates, I actually would have made one of my own.


Turkey Craft
Items Needed
Paper plate
White and red Construction paper
Crayons, Markers or Acrylic Paint
Wiggly eyes
Scissors
Glue
Craft Knife


  1. Cut a beak in the shape of a triangle in the center of the plate using a craft knife
  2. Color the face of the turkey brown and the beak yellow.
  3. Color the sections around the outside of the plate various colors to represent feathers
  4. Cut 2 circles from white construction paper for eyes and glue onto plate. Glue wiggly eyes to construction paper.
  5. Cut waddle from red construction paper. Glue to face.

Enjoy your paper plate turkey!


Comments

Popular Posts