Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles {recipe}

Summertime, Summertime! It is here! School is out and my son is ready for adventure. Here in the South it is strawberry season and they are sweet and delicious! I picked up a pack from Walmart and was sure to choose strawberries that were fragrant and not bruised. Strawberries will not continue to ripen once they are picked from the vine so it is important to choose the ripe berries when you buy them in the store. Strawberries are my son’s favorite at anytime of the year but for the summer I decided to combine two of his favorites, strawberries and popsicles.


My son is an extremely picky eater so I try to find ways to incorporate protein in his diet in ways that he will enjoy. We love popsicles during the summer and I saw this as a perfect opportunity to combine protein and a sweet treat that I was sure my son would love. To add additional protein to my strawberry popsicles, I used vanilla Greek yogurt and crossed my fingers hoping my son would enjoy it. The recipe is extremely simple and to increase the excitement about the popsicles, I allowed my son to do most of the labor to make them - it is minimal, after washing the strawberries you simply place them in the blender, add some lemon juice, agave nectar and yogurt and mix.

We both filled the popsicle molds and we let them freeze overnight. However, you can make these in the morning and they should be ready in about five hours. The great thing about the popsicles is that this is a treat that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner! You control the amount of sweetness and when blended with the tart flavor of the lemons they are absolutely amazing!

He loves them! 

Strawberry Greek Yogurt Popsicles

1 pint fresh strawberries
3/4 cup Greek yogurt (I used vanilla flavor)
2 tablespoons agave nectar (or more to taste)
2 tablespoons (half a lemon) lemon juice

Method:
Wash strawberries and remove leaves. Place in blender. Add all ingredients and blend until liquid (about 2 minutes).

Pour liquid into popsicle mold.

Freeze for 5-8 hours or overnight.

ENJOY!

Check out our video below:



For more great berry recipes check out what my fellow Walmart Moms did!

Frugal Upstate whipped up a strawberry pretzel salad that's perfect for potlucks.
Mommy's Kitchen made strawberry syrup and Italian sodas.
Presley's Pantry created a berry pan dulce cake

Looking for good burger recipes? The Walmart Moms have that too! 

De Su Mama did a twist on a classic and created Cuban burgers.
Lynnae McCoy spiced things up with a pepper jack guacamole burger.
Modern Mami moved away from beef and switched it up with pork burgers and plantain crisps.



Comments

Gem said…
Yum! I need to get those molds =).

Popular Posts