Halloween Haunted House DIY craft


It is the beginning of October but I am already planning for Halloween! My son and I both have our costumes (be sure to check out my DIY costume later this week) and I have started decorating. I just have so much fun dressing up with my son and making our home a fun place for him to enjoy during this spooky season. Before it is all over, I am sure that I’ll be taking a visit to a local haunted house and a zombie walk. So much fun - for adults only because the scares are real! Anyway, this year I have a very simple craft that you can make or can supervise as your kids pull out their creativity hats! A spooky house!

For this craft you will need (I purchased all my items at Walmart and some things I had in my craft room):



Unpainted wooden bird house ($4.97 at Walmart)
Black acrylic paint (.87 cents)
Stretchable spider web with spiders (.98 cents)
Black glitter



Method:

  1. Paint house black. Let dry for at least 20 minutes.
  2. Coat house with spray adhesive
  3. Sprinkle house with glitter and place googly eyes
  4. Let dry for 1 hour.
  5. Cover house with stretch spider web and spiders
  6. Display

This craft is perfect as an afterschool or weekend activity with your children. I used black paint but of course, you can have paint of any color that suits your fancy and provide various items for decorating the house. This weekend I will be supervising my son as he makes his own “haunted house.”

I am truly and officially in the Halloween spirit. Having a child really has brought the inner child  out in me - from dressing up to decorating the house, Halloween is big around here! I can’t begin to tell you how excited I am to share my Halloween costume with you. It is truly a DIY costume, including make-up, so be sure to look out for it before the week is over!




Comments

Tina Butler said…
That is really cute Renee. Great Job :)

Popular Posts