Easy Thanksgiving Cake recipe




I LOVE to bake! Let me clarify, I love making pies, cakes and other confections. Although I can make cookies and cupcakes, decorating is not my forté so I keep things pretty basic when it comes to those things. But cake? And pie? Yes, yes, yes. My kitchen is open, the stove is fired up and my mixing bowls are ready! I can bake just about anything and although I have classics (I am known for my sweet potato pie) I am far from shy when it comes to trying new things. So when as a Walmart mom I was asked to make a Thanksgiving treat, I browsed Pinterest for recipes to try. I found the “Do Nothing Cake” and when I read it, I realized it was reminiscent of a pineapple upside down cake but with a few twists. If you are not a baker at all, this recipe is one that you will want to note because it truly is an EASY just about fool proof recipe.



Seriously, before making a box cake, try this one. I am betting with the exception of the pineapple and coconut, you probably have all of the ingredients already in your cupboard. I will forewarn you, this cake is sweet, moist and succulent. You must exercise some willpower to only eat one slice! As you know, I am all about healthy living and I believe in eating everything in moderation. This cake? Be easy. Serve it on Thanksgiving so that you can share with others. Sharing is caring! Seriously, this is a great cake and very easy to indulge in, so proceed with caution!


The moisture of the cake is a result of placing small holes in the cake and pouring the butter pecan/walnut coconut frosting on top. This cake is melt in your mouth good! Try it this Thanksgiving and I bet folks will be asking for more!


Do Nothing Cake
(reprinted from Cakes Cottage)


Cake
2 cups flour
2 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs slightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 20 oz can of pineapples with juice


Frosting
1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
1 5 1/2 ounce can evaporated milk
1 cup chopped walnuts/pecans
1 cup shredded coconut


Method
  1. Preheat oven to 240.
  2. In large bowl whisk together cake ingredients until combined.
  3. Pour into greased 13x9 baking dish and bake for 30-40 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
  4. While cake is baking prepare frosting.
  5. Heat the butter, sugar and evaporated milk in small saucepan until boiling.
  6. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
  7. Remove from heat and add coconut and pecans.
  8. Remove the cake from oven and using a kebab skewer or similarly shaped object to make hole in cake
  9. Pour frosting over cake, spreading it to make sure it is evenly dispersed
  10. All cake to cool before cutting

ENJOY!




Comments

Popular Posts