Valentine's Day Date night look


Valentine’s Day is the weekend and lovers everywhere are preparing to spend time with their special someone. I like the idea of Valentine’s Day but can honestly say that every day is Valentine’s Day with my special someone. Knowing that I am surprised with loving gestures any day helps me to not get hung up on the fact that we won’t be able to spend the day together this year. But with my birthday coming up in just two weeks, we will be sure to make up for the lost time. So Valentine’s Day or any special date night, it is important for me to look great when I am spending time with my man. Since I absolutely LOVE beauty products, this means my makeup is always on point!

For date night I plan on having a face that is both simple and elegant. And for this look, I’ve chosen to highlight Flower products by Drew Barrymore available exclusively at Walmart. I like the message behind the brand

“Beauty should be attainable and bring women empowerment. It is about you and not someone else” - Drew Barrymore Yes! I am all about empowerment and in my opinion makeup is meant to enhance natural beauty and that is why for this date, I will wear a very natural look. Although, I’ve had the theme of minimal makeup for the past year and quite frankly I don’t see it changing. I like a pop of color on my lips or eyes but my look will always be enhancing and never caked on.



For this look I used Flower Zoom In Ultimate mascara ($7.98). This mascara is special because the wand twists and enables you to focus on lengthening, volumizing or curling your lashes, or doing all three. I am a fan of my eyes and so of course I used the mascara on all three settings to get the maximum results. But I have simple used it without twisting and simply enjoyed the lengthening properties of the mascara.


On my lips I am wearing Flower Kiss Velvet Lipcolor in natural. I really like this lipstick because although it goes on matte, you can feel the moisturizing properties. This is very important for me because during the winter months my lips tend to dry out and flake. I have to ensure my lips are always moisturized to prevent chapped lips and this lipcolor fits the bill.




I used a little tiny dash of blush on my cheeks, used my favorite liquid eye liner for a cat eye and am ready for a special night or day date with my love. I am wishing you a wonderful Valentine’s Day, even if you are spending it alone like me, love on yourself.  We deserve it!



Comments

Jackie said…
Your makeup looks great! I usually only wear mascara...but I'd love to try the Flower Kiss Velvet Lipcolor in Natural.

Popular Posts